Emmerson Insurance is committed to excellence and professionalism in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices, including a TTY device that allows users to send typed messages across phone lines. The Bell Relay Service number is 1-800-855-0511.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in a manner consistent with our core values of exceeding expectations and delivering wow experiences. We will communicate with dignity, integration, independence and equal opportunity for all.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Emmerson Insurance will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Our office at 193 Queen Street, Port Perry, ON L9L1B9.
Our website: emmersoninsurance.com
Our facebook page: facebook.com/emmersoninsurance/
Our Twitter page: twitter.com/emmersoninsure/
Emmerson Insurance will provide accessible customer service training to all employees and volunteers who deal with the public. Training will be provided by Human Resources.
New staff will be trained as part of our orientation process.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Emmerson Insurance’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities. These include: Our telephone and email systems.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing PEmmerson Insurance’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Emmerson Insurance provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way (s):
Telephone, Email and our Customer Feedback Survey that is available here:
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed by the Management Team and addressed by the individual involved.
Customers can expect a response within 5 business days.
Notice of availability
Emmerson Insurance will notify the public that our documents related to accessibility customer service are available upon request by posting a notice at petleyhare.com/contact